Sunday, June 12, 2011

Second try

I wrote a VERY LONG post yesterday, & "sent" it. I have no idea what I did, but alas, no post from me on the blog today. I simply gave an update on all Deda family comings & goings, & an
update on anyone not enjoying the best of health. I wrote quite a bit on Charlotte, & her battle with cancer, on top of having to contend with diabetes. I wont re-write it all again, (maybe someone will find it in cyber space!! ) Anyway, this one will be way shorter, as I am a bit behind schedule. Charlotte is taking radiation treatments, & so far, she is feeling good.
I was going to
go to Kates' this weekend, ( Lin is there, & wanted to see her before she leaves for home. I don't know when that will be.) However, I had to make a quick trip to the hosp., so had to put off
Whitefish. Will go as soon as Kate is organized, & I'm up to par again.
We are FINALLY having sunshine again. This it the THIRD day with NO RAIN!!! Oh! Happy day.
I had made a reservation at our golf course, for a dinner for Jane, on her birthday, 10th, & planning on having all the family come to Pincher for the day. However, Jane had other plans. I have been trying to get
in touch with Barry ever since, but no luck so far. He was going to bring everything here, &
cook right by our dining room. I will go to his house tomorrow if I can't contact him at work,
at the golf club.
Peter is doing well at Vista Village, & doesn't seem to know that he "lives" there now. Every
day when I visit, he asks "are we going home today?" I tell him, "this IS home". He says,
"it might be YOUR home, but it's NOT mine!!" I thought by now, he would be calling it "home."!!
I'm generally pleased with the care & treatment he is getting. Only one complaint. It seems
EVERY day when I visit, they need something more. NEVER fails. Shampoo, body wash, bigger
sized socks, few more P. J's. ALWAYS something, on top of the $2,000.00 a month "rent"!!
With all the rain we have had, our little "Pincher Creek" has become a gushing river. With the windows open at night, we can hear the roar from here.
My "grand childa" all seem to be doing well. Alex will be going to Uni. in Vancouver in Sept. Dan is in Colorado. He seems to be loving it. He has a very nice home there, & the climate is
fabulous. Just like Bourke. Hot & dry. Very red soil, & NO WIND!!!! Dan says I can go down &
"look after him", & "he will look after me"!! I just may have to kee him up to it!!! Only one
problem, poor Peter here alone. Family is all in Calgary & Whitefish.
As usual, no news, just lots of prattle.
Hope this finds all well. Thanks Laverty girls for the posts & wonderful pics. Please keep it up.
Sara, I do hope all is well again with you. Give Hokey & Angelina a big hug from me.
Take care all. Myers, PLEASE get Tom set up on the blog when you are visiting her, & she can
spend a day or two filling us in on the last year or so!!! Keep well. Love to all. Kell

No comments: